The IAM provides many outlets to stay connected with various stories including news inside the union, politics and many more. A few of the outlets provided are:
Youtube Channel: Machinist News Network
- The Devil Is in the DetailsBefore a pilot can hit the skies, he or she needs to practice and ends up logging a lot hours on flight simulators before ever leaving the ground. These training machines have become invaluable tools for pilots. The post The Devil Is in the Details appeared first on IAMAW.
- La Crosse IAM Locals 21 & 1115 on Strike Against TraneMembers of IAM Local 21 and 1115, employed at heating and air conditioning-manufacturer Trane Co., are on strike today after voting down the company’s proposed contract offer in La Crosse, WI Saturday. Key sticking points include wages, mandatory overtime, healthcare, no-fault attendance system, contingent work force, and retirement benefits. The nearly 500 production, maintenance and […]
- Missouri Families Win as RTW is DefeatedMissourians sent a clear message to their state lawmakers Tuesday by overwhelmingly voting to overturn the anti-worker right-to-work law by a 2-1 margin. Union supporters in the state worked extremely hard the past year educating voters on the negative impact right-to-work will have on everyone in the state, not just union workers. Watch the Live […]
- Machinists React to Supreme Court’s Anti-Worker Janus DecisionA statement from International President Robert Martinez Jr.: “The Janus decision is just the latest tactic of corporations and wealthy donors who want to take away our freedom at work. The radical right will never defeat a wave of working people joining together for a better life. Union membership is growing and we will continue […]
- Machinists Statement on Harley-Davidson’s Planned Further Offshoring of U.S. ProductionWASHINGTON, D.C., June 25, 2018 – Robert Martinez Jr., International President of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, released the following statement after Harley-Davidson’s announcement that it will move more production out of the United States. “Harley-Davidson’s announcement today is the latest slap in the face to the loyal, highly-skilled workforce that made Harley an […]
- Machinists: White House’s Attack on Federal Workers is IllegalWASHINGTON – The Machinists Union (IAM) and a dozen other unions have filed suit against the Trump administration to stop the president’s executive orders that take away rights from federal workers. “We refuse to sit on the sidelines while the president oversteps his constitutional authority and tramples on the freedom of working people to join […]