Looking for a new civilian job? Work for Warriors is looking to help post 9/11 veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, spouses, and Gold Star families land jobs with Tesla, Amtrak, XFINITY, Cintas Corporation, E. & J. Gallo Winery and more. Check out their site for a complete listing of jobs.
Work for Warriors (WFW) is a state and federally funded free job placement program in California designed with #CalGuard Soldiers, Airmen and family members in mind.
Below are the highlights of which your negotiations committee negotiated, subject to your ratification:
• 3 year contract
• GWI; 3.5% in the first year, which will take effect May 13th, and 2% for each of the following years
• Shift differential; Swing shift will receive an additional $.50 cents, and graveyard $.75 cents
• Added two extra days for bereavement; now totaling 5 days
• Holidays relatively unchanged
• Bargaining unit vacation unchanged
• Members who work fuel mix and grind will receive an extra $2.00 per hour
• SA-15 increased voluntary layoff out of seniority from 5% to 10%
• Ratification bonus of $3,500.00 to be paid within 15 days after ratification
• Lab Techs will receive a substantial increase and be classified into 1) Test Operations, and 2) Quality Assurance. There are now two levels for each; 1) Technicians [labor grade 13], and 2) Senior Technician [labor grade 18].
• All members will recieve$1,500.00 per each full or partial year of service upon layoff. Pay will be no less than $6,000.00; with a cap of $47,000.00
• Current Medical, Dental, and Vision will continue for four (4) months after the termination date; and after such continuation period, COBRA will be offered for an additional 18 months
• The current Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) will not be denied for any general education or non-specific occupational education while employed. In addition, and for a period not to exceed two (2) years after termination date, the company will reimburse up to $4,000.00 for textbook and other related materials
• The company will pay for a one day workshop (utilizing “Right Choice”), on resume preparation, career research, interviewing preparation, etc.
IAM and Aerojet Rocketdyne Negotiations May 11, 2017
Day 17, The Negotiating Committee met several times throughout the day with the company, including Bob Werling, and have concluded all discussion. The final tentative agreements were signed. All of the agreements from the negotiations are posted below for your review. There will be a ratification vote next Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at the union hall from 5 am to 5 pm.
Workers’ Memorial Day is observed every year on April 28. It is a day to honor those workers who have died on the job, to acknowledge the suffering experienced by families and communities. We know as a union of brothers and sisters how important safety for ourselves and others can directly and indirectly impact all around us. Let us join together, wherever we are, in a moment of silence for those who we lost. At 12pm today, let us take some time to reflect on those who have lost their lives in all lines of work.
As everyone has heard by now, Aerojet Announced some very upsetting news yesterday. I wanted to share Our Business Representatives statement to the press with everyone regarding the announcement.
I was deeply saddened today to hear of the relocation/elimination of jobs at Aerojet in Rancho Cordova. This will be a huge impact and hardship to not only these working families, but to the Community as a whole. These well-paying jobs have had a positive impact on the community for many years. This workforce, present and past, have selflessly given back to the community in many ways, to include volunteering for noble causes such as the United Way, Christmas Toy Drive, Mustard Seed Foundation Drive, and the IAM’s Annual Guide Dogs of America Car Show. To be an IAM worker at Aerojet has always been something to be proud of; as many generations of workers have called Aerojet home. These workers are second to none in whatever they put their hands to, and we are all very proud of them. The IAM and Aerojet have had a good relationship since before 1960, and it is difficult to know that this flagship location will be going into the history books.
We will be having an event at the local lodge on Saturday March 18th, and could use your input. Please select an option below to vote on food. We would also like ideas for entertaining you and your family. Those can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everybody for your help!
What do you want to eat at the March 18th Negotiations kick off party?